Brower Literary & Management is a full-scale literary and management agency that takes pride in the authors we represent as we help them achieve their goals and live their dream. We operate as a team so that every author has the full support of everyone in the agency, with each author feeling like they have a team behind them. We are hands on to support an author from the beginning stages of their book all the way to and through the publication process. In addition, we also work with publishing houses in managing their subsidiary rights, like audio and foreign/translation rights.
WHO WE ARE
Kimberly Brower — President & Senior Literary Agent
Kimberly fell in love with reading when she picked up her first Babysitter’s Club book at the age of seven (Super Special editions were her favorites) and hasn’t been able to get her nose out of a book since. She holds a BS in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge and received her JD from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. After spending a decade in the business world, it was kismet that she found herself in publishing. She takes great pride in her client list, from the debut authors to #1 NYT bestsellers, and likes to consider them all her favorite authors. She previously worked for over two years at a boutique literary agency before starting her own. After spending 14 years in California, she is thrilled to be back on the east coast, currently based in Florida. Kimberly oversees all agency projects (frontlist and backlist), handles submissions, negotiates deals and cultivates relationships with publishers, companies and vendors in all media. When she's not facilitating opportunities for authors in expanding their rights, she manages the entire agency as a whole.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All-time Favorite Book: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Current Favorite Book (non-client): The Quiet Tenant by Clemence Michallon
- Favorite Movies: CLUE, A Chorus Line, Pride & Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version)
- Favorite TV Shows: Yellowjackets, Stranger Things, The Big Bang Theory
- Random Fact: In another life, I would've loved to have been an FBI Agent.
Aimee Ashcraft — Editorial Director + Agency Operations Manager
Aimee has loved books since the days of sneakily reading under her desk in elementary school. Thankfully, reading is no longer a punishable offense, and she is busy seeking out stories that feature all-encompassing worlds and compelling female characters. She loves books that are told from an original point of view and are more addictive than a good Netflix binge. Aimee received her BA from Transylvania University and her MA from NYU. She is now based in New York City and joined Brower Literary & Management in 2016 as an intern, where she is now spearheading the newly formed editorial department as they work with clients fulfilling their individual needs on their projects. In addition, Aimee also works closely with Kimberly in performing key administrative tasks, such as monitoring the agency's Ingram account, managing various eBook distribution relationships the agency has and assisting in client payments. While Aimee has a core group of authors she currently represents as a literary agent, she is currently not accepting any queries at this time.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Current Favorite Book: Fiction: The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell, Nonfiction: On Trails by Robert Moor
- Favorite Movies: Barbarian, An Education, Spirited Away
- Favorite TV Shows: Bad Sisters, Yellowjackets, What We Do in the Shadows, Bob's Burgers
- Random Fact: I love hiking and the outdoors, and I recently completed a solo trip exploring the wilds of Southwestern Ireland.
Joy Kozu — Client Relations + Royalties Manager
Joy is an avid reader and graduate of Boston University, where she majored in Film and Television and realized her passion is storytelling. Whenever she is supposed to be sleeping or responding to her friends’ missed FaceTime calls, she is diving into books ranging from fantasy, mythology retellings, and dark academia romance. Outside of work, she enjoys traveling, watching movies, and writing. She joined Brower Literary & Management in 2020 as an intern, and has grown into a key component of the agency, organizing and overseeing all communications between the agency and its authors. In addition, she handles all merchandise licensing and book box requests and works with Kimberly on film/TV projects. Joy also aids in the administration of royalty statements and other administrative tasks.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas
- Current Favorite Book: If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio and The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake
- Favorite Movies: The Lord of the Rings
- Favorite TV Shows: Queen Charlotte, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- Random Fact: When I was a child, I got to help steer a duck boat (a tour bus that turns into a boat on the Charles River in Boston).
Anna Atoria — Foreign Rights Agent + Royalties Manager
Anna Atoria graduated from Adelphi University’s MFA program in 2018 with a concentration in Fiction. Before Adelphi, she studied Creative Writing at Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia and studied abroad in Perugia, Italy. Besides writing, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, curling up with a good YA novel, and learning new languages. Anna assists in submitting client work to foreign publishers for translation, which includes preparing materials for book fairs and communication with co-agents and publishers about clients' works. In addition, Anna handles the collection and analysis of all foreign royalty statements.
*Anna does not represent clients and does not accept queries.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Current Favorite Book: My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- Favorite Movies: Life is Beautiful, The Godfather
- Favorite TV Shows: Jane the Virgin, RuPaul's Drag Race
- Random Fact: I have four Uncle Joes.
Victoria Hendersen — Foreign Rights Agent
Victoria grew up in the California redwoods and graduated from the University of California at Irvine with a B.A. in Film and Media Studies. She has lived abroad in Bordeaux, France and in Saint Petersburg, Russia, where she worked as a translator until moving to New York in 2019 and working at a literary agency’s foreign rights department before joining Brower Literary. She enjoys singing in choir, knitting and crocheting, playing farming sim games, and riding her bike around the city. Victoria assists in submitting client work to foreign publishers for translation, which includes preparing materials for book fairs and communication with co-agents and publishers about clients' works. In addition, Victoria works directly with publisher clients and handles all foreign audio.
*Victoria does not represent clients and does not accept queries.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Current Favorite Book: Fiction: Happy Place by Emily Henry, Sundial by Catriona Ward Nonfiction: Educated by Tara Westover
- Favorite Movies: Heathers, Little Women (2019), Gone Girl, Chicago
- Favorite TV Shows: Orphan Black, Severance, BBC Gardener's World, Insecure
- Random Fact: I trained to be a professional opera singer as a teenager.
Jen Bailey — Assistant to Kimberly Brower
Jen discovered her love of reading on the shore of Lake Champlain in Vermont, where she grew up picking through stacks of cozy mysteries at her grandmother’s house (‘The Cat Who’ is still one of her favorite series). She studied writing at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts and graduated from University of Central Florida with a BA in Anthropology. Jen is involved in the development of girls’ ice hockey programs in the Southeast and also enjoys photography, baking, and halfheartedly gardening. Jen works directly with Kimberly in assisting in both big-picture and small projects and singlehandedly keeps Kimberly sane.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Current Favorite Book: Chain-Gang All-Stars by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah
- Favorite Movies: Almost Famous, Best in Show, Napoleon Dynamite
- Favorite TV Shows: Great British Baking Show, Severance, Ted Lasso
- Random Fact: When I was in second grade I wrote a poem about how much I hated math that was published in a newsletter for teachers in Vermont.
Courtney Hayata — Agency Assistant
After years of being forced to read for AP English courses, Courtney rediscovered her love for books the summer before college and hasn’t looked back since. Studying at the University of Southern California with focuses in Narrative Studies, Cinematic Arts and Psychology, she loves the beauty of being able to bridge a storyteller to their audience. When she isn’t staying up late to read, or staying up late rewatching classic rom-coms, she’s staying up late to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Current Favorite Book: Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross
- Favorite Movies: Forrest Gump, The Princess Bride, Return of the King
- Favorite TV Shows: Friends, Ted Lasso
- Random Fact: I had to give a thirty minute presentation on Taylor Swift for one of my college finals (I got an A).