Brower Literary & Management is a full-scale literary and management agency that takes pride in the authors we represent as we help them achieve their goals and live their dream. We are hands on agents that supports an author from the beginning stages of their book all the way to and through the publication process. In addition, we also work with publishing houses in managing their subsidiary rights, like audio and foreign/translation rights.
Please note that we have two separate divisions to the agency - Literary Representation and Subrights Management.
WHO WE ARE
Kimberly Brower – President & Literary Agent
Kimberly fell in love with reading when she picked up her first Babysitter’s Club book at the age of seven (Super Special editions were her favorites) and hasn’t been able to get her nose out of a book since. She holds a BS in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge and received her JD from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. After spending a decade in the business world, it was kismet that she found herself in publishing. She takes great pride in her client list, from the debut authors to #1 NYT bestsellers, and likes to consider them all her favorite authors. She previously worked for over two years at a boutique literary agency before starting her own. After spending 14 years in California, she is thrilled to be back on the east coast. When not providing individual attention to her clients, Kimberly manages all of the day-to-day operations of the agency. This includes overseeing the management of the foreign, audio and all other subsidiary rights for all the authors in the agency. View my MSWL.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All-time Favorite Book: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Current Favorite Book: The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand
- Favorite Movies: CLUE, A Chorus Line, Pride & Prejudice
- Favorite TV Shows: Stranger Things, The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, Felicity (Team Ben!)
- Random Fact: In another life, I would've loved to have been an FBI Agent
Aimee Ashcraft – Agency Operations Manager & Literary Agent
Aimee has loved books since the days of sneakily reading under her desk in elementary school. Thankfully, reading is no longer a punishable offense, and she is busy seeking out stories that feature all-encompassing worlds and compelling female characters. She loves books that are told from an original point of view and are more addictive than a good Netflix binge. Aimee received her BA from Transylvania University and her MA from NYU. She is now based in New York City and joined Brower Literary & Management in 2016 as an intern, where she is now thrilled to be representing authors as a literary agent. In addition to being a full-time literary agent, Aimee also assists in the operations of the agency, which includes aiding in client payments and overseeing the exploitation of other client subsidiary rights.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Current Favorite Book: Malice by Heather Walter
- Favorite Movies: An Education, Midsommar, Spirited Away
- Favorite TV Shows: Bob's Burgers, Dairy Girls, Insecure
- Random Fact: I once channeled my inner Ross Gellar when I interned at a paleontology museum in France.
Jess Dallow – Associate Agent
Having grown up with the same name as her favorite Sweet Valley High twin, Jess has always had a love for books, especially those that feature child psychopaths, platonic friendships between men and women, a romance that makes her heart beat faster, and serial killers. She has a BFA in Writing for Film and Television from the University of the Arts and worked in entertainment for eight years before returning to her home state of NY where she worked at a literary agency for two years before joining Brower Literary & Management.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Current Favorite Book: Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid; Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Favorite Movies: Scream 1-4; The Proposal; Pretty Woman; Working Girl
- Favorite TV Shows: Law and Order: SVU; Grey's Anatomy; Succession; Friends
- Random Fact: I grew up wanting to write soap operas and interned on The Young and the Restless when I was 20.
Anna Atoria - Foreign Rights Agent + Royalties Manager
Anna Atoria graduated from Adelphi University’s MFA program in 2018 with a concentration in Fiction. Before Adelphi, she studied Creative Writing at Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia and studied abroad in Perugia, Italy. Besides writing, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, curling up with a good YA novel, and learning new languages. Anna assists in submitting client work to foreign publishers for translation, which includes preparing materials for book fairs and communication with co-agents and publishers about clients' works. In addition, Anna handles the collection and analysis of all foreign royalty statements.
*Anna does not represent clients and does not accept queries.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Current Favorite Book: A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, Anxious People by Frederic Backman
- Favorite Movies: Anything with Timothée Chalamet, Life is Beautiful
- Favorite TV Shows: Jane the Virgin & RuPaul's Drag Race
- Random Fact: I almost went to school to become a Spanish teacher before realizing I wanted to work with books.
Victoria Hendersen - Foreign Rights Agent
Victoria grew up in the California redwoods, where she whiled away many days engrossed in whatever book she could find, including encyclopedias. She graduated from the University of California at Irvine with a B.A. in Film and Media Studies. She has lived abroad in Bordeaux, France and in Saint Petersburg, Russia, where she worked as a translator until moving to New York in 2019 and working at a literary agency’s foreign rights department before joining Brower Literary. Outside of work, she enjoys singing in choir, playing farming sim games, and riding her bike around the city. Victoria assists in submitting client work to foreign publishers for translation, which includes preparing materials for book fairs and communication with co-agents and publishers about clients' works. In addition, Victoria works directly with publisher clients and handles all foreign audio.
*Victoria does not represent clients and does not accept queries.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Current Favorite Book: My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell; Babel by R.F. Kuang
- Favorite Movies: Heathers; What We Do In the Shadows; Anna Karenina
- Favorite TV Shows: Orphan Black; The Magicians; Please Like Me; Insecure
- Random Fact: I was a competitive chess player at age five. I still play, but no longer compete.
Joy Kozu - Client Relations + Royalties Manager
Joy is an avid reader and graduate of Boston University, where she majored in Film and Television. Whenever she was supposed to be sleeping or paying attention in class, she would dive into books ranging from literary fiction, mythology retellings, and YA fantasy. Having studied abroad in London where she was absorbed in British literature, she realized her passion was storytelling. Outside of work, she enjoys watching movies and writing. She is excited to be a part of at Brower Literary and Management where she'll be a liaison between clients and their agents. In addition, she aids in the administration of royalty statements and working with Kimberly on film/tv projects.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas
- Current Favorite Book: If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio and The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake
- Favorite Movies: The Lord of the Rings
- Favorite TV Shows: Abbott Elementary and Sherlock (BBC)
- Random Fact: When I was a child, I got to help steer a duck boat (a tour bus that turns into a boat on the Charles River in Boston).
Jen Bailey - Assistant to Kimberly Brower
Jen discovered her love of reading on the shore of Lake Champlain in Vermont, where she grew up picking through stacks of cozy mysteries at her grandmother’s house (‘The Cat Who’ is still one of her favorite series). She studied writing at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts and graduated from University of Central Florida with a BA in Anthropology. Jen is actively involved in the development of girls’ ice hockey programs in Florida and also enjoys photography, hiking, baking, and halfheartedly gardening. She is thrilled to be joining Brower Literary & Management as Assistant to Kimberly Brower.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- All Time Favorite Book: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Current Favorite Book: Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- Favorite Movies: Almost Famous, Best in Show, Napoleon Dynamite
- Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Silicon Valley, Great British Baking Show
- Random Fact: When I was in second grade I wrote a poem about how much I hated math that was published in a newsletter for teachers in Vermont.