Brower Literary & Management welcomes queries from all types of authors, whether you are debut or a veteran author, we want to hear from you (we would especially love to receive submissions from underrepresented voices). Please read the submission guidelines that follow. All queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are interested in adult upmarket/commercial fiction, with an emphasis in book club fiction, women’s fiction and romance, literary horror fiction, literary/commercial speculative fiction and contemporary YA crossover. We are always looking for books that we want to stay up all night reading, unable to put down, regardless of what genre an author classifies it as.
Our current #MSWL:
- Literary and commercial speculative fiction that is grounded, but has elements of magical realism or near-futuristic, in the vein of the tv show YELLOWJACKETS;
- Family sagas about complex relationships between dysfunctional family members (can be historical as well), similar to the tv show SUCCESSION;
- Stories that deal with friendships, relationships, loss of innocence, dark academia (even better if they’re set in boarding schools);
- A unique spin on contemporary romances written for an upmarket audience with high concept plot (a tall order, but there is a project out there that meets this!);
- Domestic suspense/thrillers that explore the problems that come with following societal norms;
- What We’re NOT Looking For: non-fiction, political/military/legal thrillers, children’s/middle grade, picture books/graphic novels, westerns, spiritual/religious.
- Send all queries to email@example.com with “QUERY: [Project Title]” in the subject line.
- Email should include a query letter, a full synopsis, and your first chapter, pasted into the email (NO attachments please).
- We only accept queries for finished projects. Please do not send queries for projects that have not yet been completed.
- We only accept queries via e-mail as directed above. We do not accept or respond to queries made via social media, phone or mail.
- We will only reply to queries if we are interested in reading more/reading the full manuscript. We plan on responding to queries we’re interested in between 6-8 weeks of receipt of your query. You will receive an auto-response email when you first send your query.
- If we request your full manuscript, please give us another 4-6 weeks to read. You will receive an answer, regardless of our interest.
- If you receive an offer of representation from another agency or editor, please let us know immediately and let us know your deadline for making the decision.