Brower Literary & Management welcomes queries from all types of authors, whether you are debut or a veteran author, we want to hear from you. Please read each individual agent’s profile AND the submission guidelines that follow. All queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimberly Brower is interested in adult upmarket/commercial fiction, with an emphasis in general/book club fiction, women’s fiction and romance. However, she is always looking for books that she wants to stay up all night reading, unable to put them down, regardless of what genre an author classifies it as. She loves stories that bring her into a world she doesn’t want to leave and characters that have strong story arcs. She also can never say no to an epic love story. [NOTE: Kimberly is currently closed to queries. Any query sent prior to January 1st, is still being considered and you will receive a response.]
Aimee Ashcraft is looking for upmarket and literary fiction, specifically historical fiction, women’s fiction, and YA (all genres). She loves books that pull her in, immersing her in a world she can’t escape until the final sentence. She is looking for original voices and compelling, complex female characters.
Jess Dallow is looking for contemporary thrillers and mysteries in YA. In Adult, she is looking for small town romance, rom-coms, domestic suspense, and book club fiction. She would love to see diverse characters and #ownvoices within these genres. Other than that, please check her #MSWL on Twitter at @jldallow or her Manuscript Wish List post at http://www.manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/jess-dallow/.
- Send all queries to email@example.com with “QUERY: [Project Title/Agent Querying]” in the subject line.
- NOTE: if you do not have a specific agent you’d like to query, you can just send it without a name and we’ll distribute internally.
- Email should include a query letter, a full synopsis, and your first chapter, pasted into the email (NO attachments please).
- We only accept queries for finished projects. Please do not send queries for projects that have not yet been completed.
- We do not accept queries for projects that have been previously published. We do however accept queries from previously self-published authors on new projects.
- NOTE: We do have a division designated specifically to self-published authors, click HERE for more information.
- We only accept queries via e-mail as directed above. We do not accept or respond to queries made via social media, phone or mail.
- We try to respond to every query we receive, regardless of whether we are interested or not, so if you do not hear from us, it means we are either still considering it or have not gotten to it yet. Please give us 6-8 weeks to respond to your query and if you do not hear anything by then, feel free to give us a “gentle nudge.”
- NOTE: Due to the volume of queries, when we respond to your query it may not contain any in-depth feedback.
- If we request your full manuscript or proposal, please give us another 6-8 weeks to read. You will receive an answer, regardless of our interest.
- If you receive an offer of representation from another agency or editor, please let us know immediately and let us know your deadline for making the decision.