Brower Literary & Management welcomes queries from all types of authors, whether you are debut or a veteran author, we want to hear from you.
Please read each individual agent’s profile AND the submission guidelines that follow.
Kimberly Brower is interested in commercial and upmarket fiction, with an emphasis in general/book club fiction (specifically books that involve complex relationships, ones with moral ambiguity plots is a plus), contemporary romance, and women’s fiction. However, she is always looking for books that she wants to stay up all night reading, unable to put them down, regardless of what genre an author classifies it as. She loves stories that bring her into a world she doesn’t want to leave and characters that have strong character arcs. Kimberly is currently closed to queries and is only taking referrals at the moment. However, please check back as she will be open to them later in the year. Referrals should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsolicited queries may not receive responses.
Jess Dallow is looking for YA and adult commercial fiction. She loves family stories (in the vein of This is Where I Leave You), thrillers (give her all the serial killers you have), mysteries, and women’s fiction, especially one that features ladies supporting ladies. She’s looking for strong, complex female characters and a book she can’t put down no matter what time it is. And as much as she loves romance, she’d be interested in seeing it more as a B plot, then a straight forward romance. Other than that, please check her #MSWL on Twitter at @jldallow. Queries should be sent directly to email@example.com.
Aimee Ashcraft is looking for upmarket and literary fiction, specifically historical fiction, women’s fiction, and YA (all genres). She loves books that pull her in, immersing her in a world she can’t escape until the final sentence. She is looking for original voices and compelling, complex female characters. Queries should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When sending queries, they should be emailed with “QUERY: [Manuscript/Project Title]” in the subject line and include a query letter, a full synopsis (this should summarize the entire book), and your first chapter, pasted into the email, double-spaced. Queries sent without this information will not be considered. No attachments please.
- Only query one agent from this agency. If we feel it is a better fit for another agent, we will pass it along ourselves.
- We only accept queries for finished projects. Please do not send queries for projects that have not yet been completed.
- We do accept queries from self-published authors; however, do not send a query for a project that has already been self-published – please only send for new manuscripts. However, feel free to mention your self-published work in the query letter. We do have a division designated specifically to self-published authors, click HERE for more information.
- We only accept queries via e-mail as directed above. We do not accept or respond to queries made via social media, phone or mail.
- We try to respond to every query we receive, regardless of whether we are interested or not, so if you do not hear from us, it means we are either still considering it or have not gotten to it yet. Please give us 6-8 weeks to respond to your query and if you do not hear anything by then, feel free to give us a “gentle nudge.”
- If we request your full manuscript or proposal, please give us another 6-8 weeks to read. You will receive an answer, regardless of our interest.
- If you receive an offer of representation from another agency or editor, please let us know immediately and let us know your deadline for making the decision.