REMOTE INTERNSHIP - SUMMER 2021
Brower Literary & Management is seeking out an intern for the summer of 2021. We are a full-service literary agency representing an array of bestselling and debut authors, both domestically and internationally. Our clients write in many genres, including commercial and literary fiction for both adults and children, as well as selected nonfiction titles.
Our ideal candidate is an organized, responsible, detail-oriented, self-starter who is passionate about books and is interested in learning what life is like working in a literary agency. We are looking for someone who is adept at juggling many different tasks and working in a fast-paced, environment. This internship would offer a hands-on approach to several areas of agenting, with the intention of teaching foundational skills and offering a holistic view of the job. Over the course of the internship, they’ll not only learn how to approach queries and manuscripts with a critical eye, but they’ll also gain experience in writing rejection letters, reader’s reports, edit letters and pitch letters. This position is perfect for someone interested in the publishing industry who wants to learn what being a literary agent is all about.
- Reading through, summarizing, and discussing queries
- Reading manuscripts and writing reader reports
- Attending weekly Zoom Intern meetings with one or more agency staff, which shall include tutorials and one-on-one sessions
- Aiding the Subrights Management department to prepare materials
- Other miscellaneous tasks that will help give candidate insight into how an agency runs
This is a remote, temporary position for three months (June 1st through August 30th) and the intern will receive a $250 monthly stipend. Flexible schedule approx. 10-15 hours/week.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please
- Applications will be accepted until May 17th